yptestSection: Maintenance Commands (8)
Updated: May 2002
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEyptest - test NIS configuration
SYNOPSYSyptest [-q] [-d domain] [-h host] [-m map] [-u user]
DESCRIPTIONyptest calls various NIS functions to check if the NIS configuration is correct and works as expected.
- Be quiet, don't print messages
- -d domainname
- Specify a domain other than the default domain as returned by domainname(1). This option is not supported by all tests.
- -h hostname
- Query ypserv on hostname instead of the currently used one. This option is not supported by all tests.
- -m map
- Use the map map for the tests instead of passwd.byname. This option should be used if the default map does not exist.
- -u user
- Use the account user instead of nobody. This option should be used if the nobody account does not exist in the map used for testing (passwd.byname or the one given with the -m option).
SEE ALSOdomainname(8), ypbind(8), ypcat(8), ypmatch(1), ypserv(8), yppoll(8), ypwhich(1)
AUTHORyptest is part of the yp-tools package, which was written by Thorsten Kukuk <[email protected]>.
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:34:31 GMT, December 24, 2015