JV-CONVERTSection: GNU (1)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEjv-convert - Convert file from one encoding to another
SYNOPSISjv-convert [OPTION] ... [INPUTFILE [OUTPUTFILE]]
DESCRIPTIONjv-convert is a utility included with "libgcj" which converts a file from one encoding to another. It is similar to the Unix iconv utility.
- --encoding name
- --from name
- Use name as the input encoding. The default is the current locale's encoding.
- --to name
- Use name as the output encoding. The default is the "JavaSrc" encoding; this is ASCII with \u escapes for non-ASCII characters.
- -i file
- Read from file. The default is to read from standard input.
- -o file
- Write to file. The default is to write to standard output.
- Swap the input and output encodings.
- Print a help message, then exit.
- Print version information, then exit.
COPYRIGHTCopyright (c) 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, the Front-Cover Texts being (a) (see below), and with the Back-Cover Texts being (b) (see below). A copy of the license is included in the man page gfdl(7).
(a) The FSF's Front-Cover Text is:
A GNU Manual
(b) The FSF's Back-Cover Text is:
You have freedom to copy and modify this GNU Manual, like GNU software. Copies published by the Free Software Foundation raise funds for GNU development.
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:29:05 GMT, December 24, 2015